Hinxton itself is a charming tiny conservation village of only a hundred houses, many of historic interest.
If you wish to take a short walk (15 minutes) – either to build up an appetite or to walk off a good lunch – try the following:
Turn right out of the pub up the High Street – 4 mins.
Take the first left down Mill Lane – 2 mins.
Take footpath past mill, over bridge, and follow the riverbank – 5 mins.
Take bridge back over to this side and head back up to the pub via the footpath through the field – 4 mins.
The church off the High Street is also well worth a visit and is open to visitors during daylight hours.
Some Local Places of Interest
- Tourist Information Cambridge
- Hinxton Watermill
- Duxford Imperial War Museum
- Audley End House – English Heritage country house open to the public
- Chilford Hall – Exhibition Centre and 20 acre award winning vineyard
- Newmarket Race Course – home of British Horse Racing
- National Trust – Wimpole Hall
- National Trust – Anglesey Abbey
- Wellcome Trust Genome Campus and Sanger Institute
We are three minutes’ walk to:
- Wellcome Trust Conference Centre
- Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
- Long Acres Shooting School
- the highly regarded Sam Grice offers individual tuition as well as corporate days